FundQuest Financial Services Limited (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”) is a Finance Company licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to provide financial services through various channels, including our Website, Mobile Application, and Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Services and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several types of information from you when you provide it to us for various purposes, this help us to provide and improve our services to you. All information supplied by you to us are collected and processed in accordance with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) Act 2007, Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019 and other extant laws and regulations relating to the use and management of personal data.
Personal Information: While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally-identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, First name and last name, Phone number, Address, State of origin, Age, Gender, Religion, etc.
Service Usage Information
When you access our service by or through a mobile device, our website or the USSD, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data (“Usage Data”).
The Nigerian Data Protection Regulation says we need to have a lawful basis for using your personal information. At least one of the following must apply: consent, legal requirement, legitimate interest and vital individual interest.
FundQuest Financial Services Limited will process your data on a lawful basis which fall under at least one of the following:
- Consent: With your full consent as laid down by Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) for your personal data that require consent e.g., marketing and communicating our products and services.
- Performance of a contract: this includes activity necessary to enter into or perform a contract with the data subject
- Legitimate Interest: This involves using of data for the purpose it’s collected for otherwise with full consent of the data subject
- Legal Requirement: If required by legal and governmental body for legal obligation and you might not necessarily be consented depending on the statement of law concerning the particular processing request
- Vital Interest: This is a rare processing activity that could be required to save someone’s life, most seen in emergency medical care situations.
Uses of Information Collected
FundQuest will process your personal data for, but not limited to the following purposes:
- To conduct our business
- To manage our relationship with you
- To update our records
- To offer and provide services tailored to meet your needs
- To provide customer care and support
- To comply with our internal policies
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the service
- To fulfil terms of any contract you may have with us
- To communicate with you effectively
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, local government area or region, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Nigeria and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Nigeria and process it there.
Disclosure of your Information
Following legal requirements, we may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief, that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend our rights or property;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public;
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet, or method of electronic storage is not completely secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Personal Data Retention Period
Your Data Privacy Rights
You have the right to access and request the information that we have for you in our records. You may also ask us to delete our record of you, restrict the way in which we use your personal information, request a copy of the information we hold about you, ask that we update the personal information we hold about you or correct such personal information which you think is incorrect or incomplete, and we will grant this request as long as we’re legally allowed to. You also have the right to object to us using your information for our marketing purposes or any additional services we may be offering you. Lastly, you may also withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us.
If you have questions, comments or concern regarding the Terms and Conditions or would like to submit a related data privacy right request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0700 386 378 378.